About Vagifem Vaginal Tablet
Estradiol, a kind of estrogen, is present in Vagifem Vaginal Tablet. Estrogen is a female sex hormone that controls a variety of bodily functions.
Vagifem’s generic name is Estradiol.
Our online pharmacy offers the most affordable Vagifem Vaginal Tablet. You may check our Vagifem cost on top of this description by clicking here.
Uses of Vagifem Vaginal Tablet
- After menopause, Vagifem is used to treat menopause symptoms in and around the vaginal area (such as dryness, burning, and irritation).
- When simply treating vaginal symptoms of menopause, medicines that are placed directly into the vagina (like this drug) should be used first.
- Because more estrogen is absorbed when estrogen is taken by mouth, absorbed through the skin, or injected, there is a higher chance of negative effects.
Warning & Dosage
Vagifem Vaginal Tablet Dosage
Vagifem tablets contain 10 mcg or 25 mcg of estradiol in a vaginal insert. Each vaginal implant has a diameter of 6 mm and is applied with a disposable applicator.
Before you start using this medication, and each time you get a refill, read the Patient Information Leaflet if one is available from your pharmacist.
- Usually, once a day for the first two weeks, then twice a week.
- The tablet is included in the packaging with the applicator.
- If the tablet falls out before you can use it, discard it and replace it with a new applicator/tablet.
- To release the drug, gently insert the applicator into the vaginal canal as recommended and squeeze the plunger.
- After each use, discard the applicator.
- Your medical condition and treatment response dictates the dosage.
Use this medication on a regular basis in order for the medicine to be effective. Keep a close eye on your dose regimen. Do not raise your dose or take this drug more frequently or longer than recommended.
If your situation does not improve or worsen, see your doctor.
Interactions and Warnings of Vagifem Vaginal Tablet
- If you have unexplained vaginal bleeding, liver illness, a bleeding problem, are planning major surgery, or have ever had a heart attack, stroke, blood clot, or cancer of the breast, uterus/cervix, or vagina, you should not use this medicine.
- If you are pregnant, avoid using Vagifem.
- Estradiol may enhance your chances of acquiring a uterine cancer-causing disease. Any unexpected vaginal bleeding should be reported right soon.
- This drug can raise the risk of blood clots, stroke, heart attack, breast, uterine, or ovarian cancer. It is not recommended for the prevention of heart disease, stroke, or dementia.
Side Effects of Vagifem Vaginal Tablet
Contact your doctor or pharmacist right away if any of these side effects persist or become worse.
- Breast tenderness
- Weight changes
If you experience any serious side effects, contact your doctor ASAP.
- Depression or memory loss
- Breast lumps
- Uncharacteristic vaginal bleeding (such as spotting, breakthrough bleeding, or prolonged/recurrent bleeding)
- Increased or new vaginal irritation/itching/odor/discharge
- Severe stomach/abdominal pain
- Persistent nausea/vomiting
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Dark urine
- Swelling hands/ankles/feet
- Increased thirst/urination
Frequently Asked Questions About Vagifem
What are the benefits of Vagifem?
Menopausal symptoms in and around the vaginal area are treated with Vagifem 10 mcg. During intercourse, there is pain and bleeding.
How long should you use Vagifem?
Some people may notice improvements as early as eight weeks.
Is Vagifem a hormone replacement therapy?
Vagifem 10 mcg is local estrogen therapy, a type of hormone therapy. Other varieties of HT provide estrogen to the entire body via an oral insert, ring, patch, gel, emulsion, spray, or injection. At the same time, this one is placed directly in the vaginal area.
Will I gain weight on Vagifem?
Weight gain is not a common Estradiol vaginal tablet side effect. If you gain weight after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor.
Can you use Vagifem long-term?
When Vagifem is used for repeated or long-term (more than one year) treatments, it is unknown whether there is a similar risk. This drug, on the other hand, has been demonstrated to have a very low blood absorption rate, therefore a progestogen is not required.
How much is the price of this medication?
You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.
The information above for Vagifem Vaginal Tablet (Estradiol) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.