Order Emend (Aprepitant) Online From Doctor Solve.
( Top Brand Option )
See Alternative Pricing below for savings
Emend Product Description
Emend can prevent chemotherapy-induced vomiting and prevent postoperative nausea and vomiting.
- Aprepitant prevents the body’s chemicals from triggering nausea or vomiting.
- It is used in addition to other medications to treat chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Emend dose under the circumstances of your overall health, age, and reaction to treatment will be affected.
- It is important to follow your doctor’s instructions for when to take what dose, how long to keep taking it, and its strength.
- Usual adult dose for nausea/vomiting caused by chemotherapy administered moderately to highly emetogenic cancer chemotherapy (HEC- MEC) oral capsules
(Day 1): Emend 125 mg orally once 1 hour before chemotherapy
(Day 2 and Day 3): 80 mg orally once a day, 1 hour before chemotherapy OR in the morning (if chemotherapy is not given on Days 2 and 3): approximately 3 days.
- Emend 40 mg is not available in this pharmacy.
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet given to you by your pharmacist before beginning taking aprepitant and whenever you get a refill.
- If you are taking the oral version of this drug, refer to the Instructions for Use sheet for additional directions on how to use this drug appropriately.
- If you still have any questions, you can call your doctor or pharmacist.
- Follow these instructions with or without food, unless you have special instructions for swallowing capsules. In this case, swallow the capsules whole.
- Take a dose as your doctor directed, usually 1 hour before you begin chemotherapy.
- For the next 2 days, take a dose once a day 1 hour before the beginning of treatment if you are receiving chemotherapy that day.
- If you are not receiving chemotherapy, take a dose once per day in the morning.
Emend Side Effects
- Be sure to seek emergency medical help if you experience an allergic reaction to Emend (hives, itching, difficulty breathing, dizziness, trouble swallowing, fast heartbeat, wheezing, swelling in your face or throat) or a severe skin reaction (fever, sore throat, burning eyes, red or purple rash with blistering and peeling).
Don’t wait too long to consult your doctor if you have a:
- Light-headed feeling,
- Like you may pass out;
- A sore or white patch in your throat;
- Fever, chills, and low blood cell counts
- Mouth sores,
- Skin sores,
- Easy bruising,
- Unusual bleeding,
- Pale skin,
- Cold hands and feet,
- Feeling lightheaded or short of breath.
- Emend won’t be effective if you are already suffering from queasiness or vomiting.
- If you use aprepitant together with emend, you should avoid taking the latter.
- A serious drug interaction can occur when this is used together with aprepitant if you have liver issues.
- You may need to adjust the dosage or perform special tests depending on whether you have liver issues.
- Emend may make birth control pills less effective, resulting in pregnancy.
- This effect can remain effective for up to 28 days after your last dose of this medication.
- Ask your doctor about using a non-hormonal method of birth control (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking aprepitant and for at least 1 month after you discontinue treatment.
How much does Emend cost in Canada?
Emend price can vary depending on the pharmacy you purchase this medication. Check the top of this page for prices.
Frequently Asked Questions About Emend
What is the Emend mechanism of action?
Aprepitant is a selective antagonist of human substance P neurokinin 1 (NK1) receptors. Aprepitant has little affinity for serotonin (5-HT 3), dopamine, and corticosteroid receptors, the targets of existing therapies for chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV).
Is Emend for nausea?
Emend is a drug used to treat nausea and vomiting. It is a serotonin antagonist that blocks receptors in the brain for nausea and vomiting.
What is the difference between Emend vs Zofran?
Emend and Zofran are medications used to treat nausea and vomiting. Emend is a brand name for the drug aprepitant, which is a type of antiemetic. Zofran is a brand name for the drug ondansetron, which is also a type of antiemetic. Both medications work by blocking serotonin receptors in the brain, which helps to stop nausea and vomiting.
How many days does Emend last?
Emend is taken with or without food. It works quickly to prevent nausea. When taken along with other prescribed medications for three days, it is most effective.