(Top Brand Option)
See Alternative Pricing below for savings
(Affordable Generic Alternatives for Welchol)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Colesevelam Hydrochloride||625mg||180||$270.00||Add To Cart|
|Colesevelam Hydrochloride||625mg||540||$785.00||Add To Cart|
Welchol for Cholesterol
Welchol lowers “bad” cholesterol levels in the blood, also referred to as LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. Lowering your LDL cholesterol may reduce your risk of hardened arteries, leading to heart attack, stroke, and cardiovascular disease.
- Welchol helps lower bad cholesterol in the blood.
- It is used to treat high cholesterol in adults and kids as young as 10.
- This can be combined with cholesterol-lowering drugs, including atorvastatin, lovastatin, simvastatin, Crestor, Lipitor, Pravachol, Zocor, and others.
- It can also be used to control blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Colesevelam, Colesevelam Hydrochloride
Cholestagel, Colesevelam Hydrochloride
180, 360, 540
Warning & Dosage
- This is available in only one strength, Welchol 625 mg tablet.
- Take Welchol with a full glass of water or other liquid.
- It’s possible that you’ll need to take many tablets at once.
- Tell your doctor if you encounter trouble swallowing the tablet whole.
- The powder must be combined with eight ounces of water, fruit juice, or a diet soft drink.
- Stir this mixture very quickly.
- Add some more water to the glass and swirl gently.
- Drink right away.
- Do not change the time of any other cholesterol or diabetes medications without your doctor’s advice.
- Before taking this medication, talk to your doctor or other medical professional if you are allergic to it; or if you have any allergies.
- This drug should not be taken by individuals who are allergic to it, or even if their triglycerides are off the charts; diabetic ketoacidosis (call your doctor); a history of bowel obstruction; or a history of pancreatitis triggered by high triglycerides.
Welchol Side Effects
Do not take Colesevelam and speak to your doctor if you think you have the following:
- Severe constipation,
- Severe stomach pain,
- Or pancreatitis—severe,
- An upper abdominal ache that spreads to the back,
- And vomiting,
Common side effects may include
- Or upset stomach
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Welchol for diarrhea?
Colesevelam HCl is used to treat elevated blood cholesterol levels associated with abdominal wall dilation and reduced colon transit time in patients with diarrhea related to irritable bowel syndrome.
What is Welchol used for?
This medicine is used along with a proper diet and exercise to reduce cholesterol in people who are overweight or obese. Lowering cholesterol reduces one’s risk of heart attack and stroke.
What is the best time of day to take Welchol?
Take this medication along with a meal, usually once or twice a day (morning and evening) or according to your doctor’s instructions.
Is Welchol a statin drug?
Welchol (colesevelam HCl) differs in how it lowers “bad” cholesterol compared to statins. While statins work in the liver, they work in the intestines. It is a “bile acid sequestrant” recommended for raising LDL cholesterol levels.
How long does it take for Welchol to work in your body?
Welchol lowers blood cholesterol levels in about 2 weeks. It may take a while to see improvements in blood sugar. This medicine can produce changes as fast as 4 to 6 weeks, but it may take time until the maximum effect is observed.
Pricing: How much does Welchol cost in Canada?
Check the top of this page to find how affordable our price for this medication is.
The information above for Welchol (Colesevelam) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.