(Top Brand Option)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Toprol XL||25mg||90||$63.00||Add To Cart|
|Toprol XL||25mg||180||$116.00||Add To Cart|
|Toprol XL||50mg||90||$68.00||Add To Cart|
|Toprol XL||100mg||100||$225.00||Add To Cart|
|Toprol XL||200mg||90||$271.00||Add To Cart|
See Alternative Pricing below for savings
(Affordable Generic Alternatives for Toprol XL)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Metoprolol Succinate||25mg||90||$47.90||Add To Cart|
|Metoprolol Succinate||50mg||100||$38.00||Add To Cart|
|Metoprolol Succinate||50mg||200||$66.00||Add To Cart|
|Metoprolol Succinate||100mg||100||$68.00||Add To Cart|
|Metoprolol Succinate||12.5mg||100||$56.00||Add To Cart|
|Metoprolol Succinate||200mg||100||$130.00||Add To Cart|
Toprol XL: What is this medication all about?
A beta-blocker, Toprol-XL affects the heart and blood flow (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Toprol XL Uses:
- Toprol XL is used to treat hypertension and angina (chest discomfort) (high blood pressure).
- Toprol XL is additionally used to reduce your chance of passing away or needing a hospital stay due to heart failure.
- Additionally, Toprol XL may be used for purposes not listed in this prescription guide.
- Toprol XL’s generic name is metoprolol succinate.
Betaloc CR, Metocard XL, Metoprolol Succinate, Saneloc, Seloken XL, Supermet XL, Toprol XL
12.5mg, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg, 200mg
90, 100, 180, 200
ER Tablet, Extended ReleaseTablet, Tablet
Warning & Dosage
Toprol XL Dosage and Directions:
- The recommended dosage for Toprol XL is 25 mg to 50 mg, taken orally once a day before bedtime.
- Available strengths are 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, and 200 mg.
- As directed by your doctor, take Toprol-XL exactly as directed. Read all drug guides or instruction sheets and adhere to all instructions on your prescription label. On occasion, your doctor could adjust your dosage.
- Toprol XL needs to be taken with or shortly after eating.
- Take your medication as scheduled.
- Do not crush or chew the extended-release pill; swallow it whole.
- Your blood pressure will need to be checked frequently, and you’ll need periodic medical exams.
- Inform the surgeon in advance that you are using metoprolol if you require surgery.
- You shouldn’t abruptly stop using Toprol XL. Stopping abruptly could exacerbate your issue.
- Even if you feel OK, remain taking Toprol XL if you have high blood pressure. Many times, high blood pressure goes unnoticed. Metoprolol may be required for the rest of your life.
- Keep Toprol XL medication at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
Cautions while using Toprol XL
Do not take Toprol XL if you are allergic to metoprolol or other beta-blockers (such as atenolol, carvedilol, labetalol, nadolol, nebivolol, propranolol, sotalol, and others), and you shouldn’t take it if you have:
- A severe heart condition such as sick sinus syndrome without a pacemaker or a first-degree heart block;
- Significant vascular issues;
- Serious cardiac failure that necessitated hospitalization; or
- A history of fainting episodes brought on by slow heartbeats.
Inform your doctor of any of the following to ensure that Toprol XL is safe for you:
- A respiratory ailment such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sleep apnea, or another;
- Diabetes (Toprol-XL may make it more difficult for you to detect low blood sugar);
- Liver illness
- Enlarged heart failure
- Circulatory issues (like Raynaud’s syndrome);
- Claudication, a condition marked by pain in the legs when moving;
- A thyroid condition; or
- Pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumor); or
- If you have extensive dental or surgical procedures planned.
If you are pregnant or want to become pregnant, let your doctor know. The potential danger of metoprolol succinate to an unborn child is unknown. High blood pressure during pregnancy, however, may result in issues like diabetes or eclampsia (dangerously high blood pressure that can lead to medical problems in both mother and baby). The advantages of treating hypertension may outweigh any potential dangers to the unborn child.
Toprol XL Side Effects
Many people are prescribed Toprol XL to treat high blood pressure. While it is a very effective medication, there are some side effects that can occur.
- Dizziness or lightheadedness – this is usually caused by a sudden drop in blood pressure and can result in feeling faint or unsteady on your feet.
- Fatigue – feeling extremely tired for no apparent reason is another common side effect of Toprol XL.
- Constipation – this occurs when you have difficulty having a bowel movement and can often be accompanied by pain and bloating.
- Diarrhea – this is the opposite of constipation and can cause uncomfortable cramps and dehydration.
- Headache – a headache is one of the most common side effects of any medication, and Toprol XL is no exception.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time of day is best to take Toprol XL?
There is no definitive answer to the question of the best time of day to take Toprol XL. Some people find that taking it in the morning helps them feel more alert and awake, while others find that it makes them drowsy.
It may be advisable to take Toprol XL early in the day if you plan to be active later on, as its effects can last up to 12 hours. However, it may be more beneficial for others to take it at night to help control blood pressure throughout the night. Speak with your doctor to see what they recommend and find what works best for you.
Can Toprol XL cause weight gain?
A lot of information is available online about the potential for Toprol XL to cause weight gain. While it is not a guaranteed side effect, there is a good chance that you could put on some pounds if you take this medication.
This is because Toprol XL can impact your blood sugar levels, and when blood sugar levels are high, the body tends to store more fat. If you are concerned about this potential side effect, talk to your doctor and see if any other medications could work just as well for you.
How much does Toprol XL lower heart rate?
Beta-blocker Metoprolol Succinate (Toprol XL) slows down your heart rate. As a result, your heart pumps blood around your body easier, and your blood pressure is lowered. Additionally, it reduces the amount of oxygen the heart uses, which can help relieve chest pain.
How much does Toprol XL cost?
If you are wondering how much this drug cost in Canada, the answer depends on the dosage and quantity.
Generally speaking, Toprol XL cost may vary depending on the strength you are purchasing. Our pharmacy may be able to offer the cheapest price. You can safely buy this medication from our online pharmacy at a competitive price.
We strive to always provide you with the lowest and most up-to-date prices for our medical supplies. Order yours now!
The information above for Toprol XL (Metoprolol Succinate) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.