(Top Brand Option)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Advair Diskus||100/50mcg||60doses||$62.00||Add To Cart|
|Advair Diskus||100/50mcg||180doses||$158.00||Add To Cart|
|Advair Diskus||250/50mcg||60doses||$65.00||Add To Cart|
|Advair Diskus||250/50mcg||180doses||$169.00||Add To Cart|
|Advair Diskus||500/50mcg||60doses||$138.00||Add To Cart|
|Advair Diskus||500/50mcg||120doses||$264.00||Add To Cart|
|Advair Diskus||500/50mcg||180doses||$389.00||Add To Cart|
See Alternative Pricing below for savings
(Affordable Generic Alternatives for Advair Diskus)
|Drug Name||Dosage||Quantity||Price||Buy Now|
|Fluticasone/Salmeterol||100/50mcg||60doses||$46.00||Add To Cart|
|Fluticasone/Salmeterol||100/50mcg||180doses||$119.00||Add To Cart|
|Fluticasone/Salmeterol||250/50mcg||60doses||$55.00||Add To Cart|
|Fluticasone/Salmeterol||500/50mcg||60doses||$63.00||Add To Cart|
|Fluticasone/Salmeterol (Ciphaler)||500/50mcg||180doses||$169.00||Add To Cart|
About Advair Diskus
The steroid and bronchodilator combination medicine Advair Diskus inhalation is used to prevent asthma attacks. It’s also used to keep chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) associated with chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema from deteriorating.
Advair Diskus is a long-term medication for COPD patients. Advair Diskus is a short-term asthma treatment that is used until symptoms are well controlled with other medicines.
Advair Diskus classification is known as corticosteroids. This includes two medications: fluticasone and salmeterol.
Fluticasone is used to treat allergic and non-allergic nasal symptoms such as stuffy/runny nose, itching, and sneezing, which can occur. Salmeterol belongs to a family of drugs known as long-acting beta-agonists (LABAs). It works by relaxing and opening the lungs’ air passages, making breathing easier.
Uses of Advair Diskus
- Advair Diskus is used to treat and prevent the symptoms of asthma and chronic lung disease (such as wheezing and shortness of breath) (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-COPD) which includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- Advair Diskus is used to alleviate airway irritation and swelling. It works by relaxing the muscles surrounding your airways, making it easier to breathe. Advair Diskus can be used for various other things not listed in this medication guide.
Fluticasone/Salmeterol, Fluticasone/Salmeterol (Ciphaler), Fluticasone/Salmeterol Xinafoate
Seretide Accuhaler, Seretide Diskus, Seroflo Ciphaler, Seroflo Rotacaps
100/50mcg, 250/50mcg, 500/50mcg
60doses, 120doses, 180doses
Capsule(comes with device), Diskus, Rotacap
Warning & Dosage
Advair Diskus Dosage
- Oral inhalation with a foil blister strip or powder formulation.
- Fluticasone propionate 100, 250, or 500 mcg and salmeterol 50 mcg are combined in each blister of the strip.
- Read all drug guides or instruction sheets that come with your prescription and follow all of the instructions on the label.
- Excessive usage of this medication can result in life-threatening adverse effects.
- Advair Diskus isn’t a quick-relief medication for asthma or bronchospasm. Only use fast-acting inhalation medicine in case of an attack.
- If your breathing problems worsen quickly or you suspect your asthma meds aren’t functioning as well as they should see a doctor.
- Advair Diskus is a fluticasone and salmeterol powder that comes with a unique inhaler device pre-loaded with blister packs containing calculated doses of the medication.
- Every day, take the medication at the same time.
- Before each spray, give the Diskus a good shake for at least 5 seconds.
- Not recommended for children.
- Rinse your mouth with water after using your inhaler without swallowing.
- Due to surgery, illness, stress, or a recent asthma attack, your dose requirements may change. Consult your doctor before changing your medicine dose or regimen.
- Do not take the missed dose; instead, take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Interactions and Warnings of Advair Diskus
- Advair Diskus isn’t a life-saving medication. It will not be able to treat asthma or bronchospasm attack quickly enough.
- If your breathing issues are getting worse or your meds aren’t functioning as well as they should, see a doctor.
Side Effects of Advair Diskus
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract,
- Stomach pains,
- Infections of the mouth or throat caused by yeast (oral thrush),
- Throat irritation,
- Dry mouth, nose, and throat
Frequently Asked Questions About Advair Diskus
How to use Advair Diskus?
- The inhaler will be “closed” when you remove it from the package. To open it, grasp the outer casing in one hand and the thumb grip in the other. Push your thumb as far as it goes away from you.
- Hold the inhaler in your hand with the mouthpiece facing you. Slide the lever as far as it will go away from you until you hear and/or feel a click. The inhaler can now be used.
- Place the mouthpiece against your upper lip. Inhale slowly and deeply through the inhaler rather than your nose. Hold your breath for ten seconds, or as long as you feel comfortable doing so. Then slowly exhale.
- Check the dose indication – The dose indicator on the inhaler’s top indicates how many doses are left.
- Put your thumb in the thumb grip and move the thumb grip back towards you as far as it goes to close the inhaler. The inhaler clicks shut when you close it. The lever returns to its original position and is reset automatically. It’s now ready to be used once more.
- Keep in a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature, 68° to 77° F. Keep out of children’s reach.
What does Advair Diskus do to your lungs?
People with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) may benefit from the use of Advair and Symbicort. Both of these medications contain a corticosteroid, which helps to reduce inflammation (swelling) in the lungs. A long-acting beta2-agonist is also present in both medicines, relaxing airway muscles.
Will Advair Diskus help my cough?
Improving the passage of air via the bronchial tubes, reduces cough, wheezing, shortness of breath, and difficulty breathing. For an asthma attack or symptoms that require immediate attention, this medicine must be used with a short-acting medicine (eg, albuterol).
Is Advair Diskus a steroid?
Fluticasone and Salmeterol inhalation is a combined steroid and bronchodilator used to prevent asthma episodes. It’s also used to keep chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) associated with chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema from deteriorating.
How long does it take for Advair Diskus to work?
It could take up to a week or more for you to feel the full effects of this medication. Consult your medical doctor if your condition does not improve, or worsens.
How much is the price of this medication?
You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.
The information above for Advair Diskus (Fluticasone/Salmeterol Xinafoate) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.