Swine Flu Myths You Need To Know
When you think of myths you probably think of something like Sasquatch or some other random creature that has never really been found. Most of the people who report actual “sightings” of such creatures are quite… interesting individuals. For the most part I’m sure that alcohol or some other substance was involved.
However, when it comes to H1N1, or commonly known as Swine Flu, there are many myths that have recently spread faster than the virus itself. Some of these myths though, unlike Sasquatch, can actually result in serious consequences.
1. Only People With Weak Immune Systems Die From Swine Flu – While having a weak immune system doesn’t help defend against the virus, people with strong, healthy immune systems have also been victims of fatal Swine Flu attacks.
2. If You Get Swine Flu You’ll ALWAYS Get A Fever – While Swine Flu and the regular seasonal flu do share many of the same symptoms, and fever is one of them, you do not ALWAYS get a fever. In fact only about half of the people with Swine Flu actually experience a fever.
3. Swine Flu Is Just A Mild Form Of The Flu, It Doesn’t Even Kill As Many People As Seasonal Flu – The death toll isn’t as large as seasonal flu, but the Swine flu is fatal. The main problem with this myth is that seasonal flu is more likely to cause death in the elderly, whereas Swine Flu targets the young, who should have a stronger immune system.
4. I Can Avoid Swine Flu By Taking Vitamins, Wearing A Mask, Washing My Hands, And Drinking A Lot Of Fluids – This may HELP avoid the swine flu, but it isn’t necessarily the best and most effective way to prevent Swine Flu. Getting vaccinated is the most effective way of defending against Swine Flu. However, don’t just stop doing things like washing your hands regularly as this cuts down on the transmission of Swine Flu.
5. I Don’t Have To Worry About Swine Flu Now That There’s A Vaccine- Yes, getting vaccinated is the most effective may to prevent Swine Flu, however it does not GUARANTEE that you will not get Swine Flu. Take precautionary measures to avoid transmission.
6. If Swine Flu Hasn’t Become Deadlier By Now, It Never Will – Nobody knows what the virus will do. It could stay in its present form forever, but it could just as easily change into a deadlier virus. The only thing we can do is try to limit the transmission of Swine Flu, and be prepared if it does change. You shouldn’t just expect the best-case scenario. It’s better to be ready for the worst outcome and have nothing change than expect the best and have the virus transform into something like the Spanish Influenza that killed millions.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best online Canadian pharmacies by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.