Can Actigall Treat My Gallstones?
Actigall is commonly used for treating and preventing gallstones. This medication, which is available to purchase at our online Canadian pharmacy, can be used by patients with gallstones who do not need to have their gallbladders removed or for those who should avoid surgery due to other medical issues. Actigal is also beneficial for those who are on rapid weight-loss programs or those who have cirrhosis of the liver and also treat primary biliary cirrhosis.
How do the Gallstones Form?
When bile contains non enough bile salts, too much bilirubin, too much cholesterol, or when the gallbladder does not empty regularly, cholesterol stones can form. However, scientists are still unsure as to why people experience these imbalances which lead to gallstones.
Am I At Risk For Forming Gallstones?
In addition, there a number of factors that scientists believe can contribute to a person’s likelihood to generate gallstones. These factors include: Family history (there appears to be a genetic link between those affected by gallstones), Diet (cholesterol and fat rich diets with low fiber intake increase the likliehood of gallstones), Sex (women are two times as likely to generate gallstones due to a variety of reasons such an excess of estrogen, birth control pills etc.), Age (people aged 60 and over tend to produce gallstones more than younger people), Cholesterol-lowering Drugs (the possiblity of gallstones increases since cholesterol lowering drugs actually increase cholesterol secretion into bile), Weight (Individuals who are overweight tend to have a greater risk of producing gallstones), Rapid weight loss, (diets that cause rapid loss in weight cause the liver to secrete more cholesterol into the bile than is needed which often leads to gallstones), Diabetes (High levels of triglycerides which are often found in diabetics, increase the risk of gallstones), and Ethnicity (Native Americans have been found to have a genetic predisposition to producing gallstones due to high levels of cholesterol being secreted into bile).
Actigall works by dissolving the cholesterol that generates gallstones. It also inhibits the production of cholesterol in the liver and absorption in the intestines, which further helps to decrease the formation of gallstones.
What Should I Tell My Doctor Before Using Actigall?
- Biliary tract problems
- Liver problems
- Using drugs such a cholestyramine, colestipol estrogens (birth control pills or hormone replacement), antacids that contain aluminum, such as Rolaids
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you have any drug allergies, if you have liver disease if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or are breast-feeding a baby during the treatment. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, minerals and herbal products that you use.
What important information do I need to know before taking Actigall?
- Your gallbladder and liver must be checked on a regular basis during the treatment.
- The Actigal treatment process can take a substantial amount of time
- Actigal must be taken regularly for best effects.
- Use with caution for Children and Older age patients.
Does Actigall Have Any Side Effects?
Contact your doctor immediately if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Bladder pain; bloody or cloudy urine
- difficult, burning or painful urination
- dizziness; fast heartbeat; frequent urge to urinate
- indigestion; lower back or side pain; severe nausea
- shortness of breath; skin rash or itching over the entire body
- stomach pain; vomiting; weakness; wheezing
Common side effects that do not require immediate medical attention include:
- Black, tarry stools; blood in vomit
- chest pain; chills; cough; fever
- painful or difficult urination; severe or continuing stomach pain
- sore throat; sores, ulcers, or white spots on lips or in mouth
- swollen glands; unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Actigall, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best online Canadian pharmacies by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.