Dipentum (olsalazine) is used to treat ulcerative colitis (also known as Inflammatory bowel disease) and is available at our Online Canadian Pharmacy. Dipentun is normally prescribed when the patient can not take sulfasalazine. It affects the substances in the body that cause inflammation, tissue damage, and diarrhea.
Before using Dipentum, tell your doctor if you are allergic to Dipentum, any other medications, food, or other substances. Also let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant and are breast-feeding. Inform your doctor if you are currently taking any prescribed and non-prescribed drugs, vitamins, minerals and herbal products. If you are using blood thinner such as warfarin, thioguanine and mercaptopurine, notify your doctor.
Precautions while using Dipentum:
- Do not use Dipentum if you have asthma or other allergies, kidney disease, liver disease.
- Do not use if you are allergic to Dipentum to or salicylates such as Aspirin, Novasal, Doan’s Extra Strength, Salflex, Tricosal, and others.
- Avoid getting a varicella (chickenpox) vaccine within 6 weeks after you stop taking Dipentum.
- Follow the instructions of your doctor about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity while you are using Dipentum.
- Do not take it in larger amount or for longer time.
Do not use Dipentum if you are currently taking:
- Thiopurines (eg. Azathioprine, mercaptopurine, thioguanine). Increases the risk of bone marrow toxity.
- Anticoagulants (eg. Warfarin) or heparin. Increases the risk of side effects.
How to use Dipentum:
Take Dipentum in evenly divided doses with food. Continue taking Dipentum even if you feel better to complete the full course of treatment. Do not take 2 doses at once. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. If you miss more than one dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Serious side effects:
- Worsening colitis (fever, stomach pain, cramping, or bloody diarrhea)
- Chest pain, shortness of breath, fast or pounding heartbeats
- Nausea, stomach pain
- Loss of appetite, itching
- Dark urine
- Clay-colored stools, jaundice
Less serious side effects:
- Mild stomach discomfort
- Nausea, heartburn
- Skin rash, itching
- Muscle or joint pain
- Urinating more often than usual
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Dipentum, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best online Canadian pharmacies by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.