8 Ways to Prevent and Ease Heartburn
Despite it’s deceiving name, heartburn has nothing to do with your heart. In fact the stinging sensation occurs in the esophagus when acid leaves the stomach and comes into contact with the esophagus lining. Those who suffer from heartburn, or acid reflux, know how much of a pain it is and are probably constantly searching for a solution to heartburn problems. Here are 8 quick tips to help you prevent your acid reflux episodes
1. Eat to Prevent Heartburn – The first thing that will help you ease heartburn is making sure you have a healthy diet with less acid and more fiber. Fatty foods like to sit in the stomach creating acid, whereas vegetables, fruits, and grains are easily digested with less acid production. Acidic foods include coffee, chili peppers, orange juice, tomato juice, and tomato sauce can cause heartburn. Some drugs like tetracylin, aspirin, ibuprophen, and iron supplements may cause heartburn. Other foods like garlic, onions, and chocolate may seem to promote heartburn by weakening the muscles at the bottom of the esophagus. By eating more fruits, vegetables, and grains you can ease your acid reflux.
2. Chew more gum – Saliva is a natural heartburn remedy. It is a base that neutralizes acid and washes it back into the stomach. Pop a piece of gum after a heavy meal to prevent heartburn.
3. Eat slowly – Eating quickly encourages you to eat more, therefore pushing acid up into the esophagus. Keep your meal proportions moderate and avoid eating on the run – this triggers stress which in turn triggers acid production and sensitivity to the pain of acid reflux.
4. Drink Herbal tea – Herbs have been considered natural heartburn remedies for thousands of years. After eating, brew chamomile, angelica, anise, caraway, seeds, or coriander. Peppermint leaves are also soothing herbs that can be brewed into a tea.
5. Stress less – stress increases the pain of acid reflux. If you are usually prone to stress, try meditative activities like yoga, or take an hour or so each day to do something you really enjoy such as playing and instrument, reading, or pampering yourself with a bubble bath.
6. Stay Standing – When you are suffering from pain your instinct might be to lie down. Try not to lie down when you have heartburn because it will actually cause the stomach acid to overflow therefore increasing the pain. Stick it out standing up.
7. Don’t eat and sleep – Do not eat within 2 hours before going to bed. Lying down with a full stomach can cause heartburn and indigestion. This can increase pain and prevent you from having a good sleep. It is also suggested that eating before bed can contribute to weight gain.
8. Skip the tuxedo cake – Usually, chocolate has health benefits, but when it comes to heartburn, the fat and caffeine in chocolate can stimulate overproduction of stomach acid. Other foods that stimulate acid in the stomach are milk, beer, wine, and tomatoes. If you can, avoid chocolate.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best online Canadian pharmacies by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.