About Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate)
Tavist is an antihistamine that works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that initiates allergic symptoms. The active ingredient in Tavist is Clemastine Fumarate, a histamine blocker.
Histamine is a molecule found in many places throughout the body. It’s involved in Local Immunity, Gastrointestinal Function, and Neurotransmission.
Histamine is produced by basophils and mast cells and is stored in granules within these cells. When the body encounters a foreign invader, the mast cells are stimulated to release histamine into the bloodstream. The histamine then binds to receptors on other cells, creating a chain reaction that leads to inflammation. This response helps to protect the body from infections.
Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) is an antihistamine that can be used to treat allergies. It works by blocking histamine receptors, which prevents histamine from binding to them. This prevents the chain reaction that leads to inflammation.
Clemastine works by blocking the action of histamines, which relieves allergy symptoms.
Uses of Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate)
- Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) blocks the action of acetylcholine, another chemical involved in allergy reactions.
- Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) is an antihistamine used to relieve hay fever symptoms and upper respiratory allergies. These symptoms include a runny nose, watery eyes, itching, and sneezing. Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) can also relieve symptoms of motion sickness and vertigo.
- The recommended dosage for adults and children over the age of 12 is two tablets every four to six hours. For children under the age of 12, the recommended dosage is one tablet every four to six hours.
- Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) should not be taken more than four times daily.
Side Effects of Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate)
If you have any of the following symptoms of an allergic reaction to Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate): hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, seek emergency medical attention. Side effects may be more common in older people. Side effects of Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) may include:
- vision haze
- feeling agitated or excited (especially in children).
This is not an exhaustive list of possible side effects; others may occur. For medical advice on side effects, contact your doctor. The most common side effects of Tavist are dry mouth, drowsiness, dizziness, and headache. Less common side effects include constipation, diarrhea, upset stomach, and fatigue. If you experience any of these side effects, contact your doctor.
Interactions and Warnings
Here are some warnings when taking Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate):
- When driving, operating machinery, or engaging in other potentially hazardous activities, exercise extreme caution.
- Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) might make you dizzy or sleepy. Avoid these activities if you have dizziness or drowsiness.
- Use alcohol with caution. While using this medication, alcohol may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Follow all of the instructions on your medication’s label and container. Inform all of your healthcare providers about all of your medical conditions, allergies, and medications.
- If you are allergic to clemastine, you should not use this medication.
If you have any of the following medical problems, consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication:
- bronchitis, emphysema, or another breathing condition;
- an ulcer or a stomach blockage
- urinating issues, an enlarged prostate
Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) is not expected to harm an unborn child. If you are pregnant, see your doctor before using this medication. Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) can enter the breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Antihistamines may also reduce the amount of breast milk produced. If you are breastfeeding, see your doctor before using this medication.
Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) should only be given to children under 12 after seeking medical consultation.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements. When certain medications are combined, they can have unintended or dangerous side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) should be taken in the morning or at night?
Many allergy sufferers experience their worst symptoms about 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. During allergy season, taking an antihistamine at bedtime may help you or your child feel better in the morning.
Does Clemastine Fumarate (generic for Tavist) have any side effects?
Clemastine Fumarate may have interactions with other drowsy pharmaceuticals include sleeping pills, narcotic pain relievers, sedatives, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, and seizure medications.
Can I take an antihistamine without eating?
Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) can be taken with or without meals, however, the pills or capsules should always be taken with a glass of water, milk, or squash. Consume them whole. They should not be chewed.
What are the signs of antihistamine overuse?
Symptoms of an overdose may include dizziness, tachycardia, headache, sleepiness, or agitation. While the new generation of less sedating antihistamines do not impact the QT interval at regular doses (unlike the previous generation), there are worries that there may be an effect in overdose.
Where to Buy Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate)?
If you are looking for a trusted pharmacy to buy Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) online, then look no further than DoctorSolve. We are a licensed and certified online pharmacy that offers great prices on all of our medications.
Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) Price
If you are looking to buy Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) online, you can visit DoctorSolve, a trusted pharmacy that offers great prices on medications. To find the price for Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate), you can check their pricing at the top of this page. If you have any questions about the price or purchasing Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) online, you can contact DoctorSolve or consult with your doctor.
The information above for Tavist (Clemastine Fumarate) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.