See Alternative Pricing below for savings
(Affordable Generic Alternatives for Tessalon Perles)
About Benzonatate (Generic for Tessalon Perles)
Tessalon Perles (brand option for Benzonatate) is a non-narcotic, prescription medicine used to relieve cough. It contains the medicine benzonatate.
Uses of Benzonatate
Benzonatate (generic option for Tessalon Perles) treats common cold coughs and other respiratory issues such as pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, and asthma.
It works by inhibiting the pulmonary reflex that produces the impulse to cough.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Tessalon Perles cost in Canada?
The cost of Tessalon Perles (brand option for Benzonatate) may vary depending on the strength. You can buy the affordable generic option for Tessalon Perles i.e. Benzonatate by calling +1-866-732-0305 or ordering online . We make sure to offer the most cost-effective prices on our selection of pharmacy drugs.
Can this drug make your cough worse?
No, this drug cannot make your cough worse. In fact, Benzonatate makes you cough less because it coats the throat and lungs.
Is this drug good for covid cough?
There is no definitive answer to whether this cough suppressant drug is good for Covid cough. Some people say it works well for them, while others find it does not help. The medication is a type of expectorant designed to help clear mucus from the lungs. It contains the active ingredient Benzonatate, which helps to break up the mucus and make it easier to expel.
Can I take Tylenol with Tessalon Perles?
There are no interactions between Tylenol and Tessalon Perles (benzonatate). Benzonatate is a non-narcotic cough suppressant and antihistamine, while Tylenol is a pain reliever.
What drugs interact with Tessalon Perles (benzonatate)?
Benzonatate may interact with cough and cold treatments, antihistamines, anti-seizure medications, sleep or anxiety medications, muscle relaxants, opioids, or psychiatric medications.
What is Tessalon Perles generic name?
Benzonatate (generic Tessalon Perles)
(2023). Tessalon PERLE – Uses, Side Effects, and More. WebMD. Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-10992/tessalon-perles-oral/details
Warning & Dosage
Dosage – Benzonatate (Generic for Tessalon Perles)
- The recommended dose is Tessalon Perles 100 mg. Take it by mouth with or without food, as needed or as recommended by your doctor.
- This drug should be taken whole. This medication should not be chewed, sucked, or dissolved in your mouth. This will result in a loss of sensation in your mouth and throat, choking, and a severe allergic reaction. (See also the Side Effects section.)
- Do not eat or drink anything until the numbness subsides. If the numbness remains or worsens, seek medical attention immediately once.
The dose is determined by your medical condition and reaction to therapy. Take no more than 200 mg at once. Taking more benzonatate than recommended will not make your cough go away faster, but it may have dangerous negative effects.
Cautions – Benzonatate (Tessalon Perles)
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to benzonatate or any Tessalon Perles ingredients.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to benzonatate or any anesthetic agents (such as procaine or tetracaine), or if you have any other allergies. Some of the chemicals in this substance may cause allergic reactions or other problems. For more information, consult your pharmacist.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before using this drug.
- Tessalon Perles may cause dizziness or drowsiness. You may be prone to disorientation or drowsiness if you drink alcohol or marijuana (cannabis). Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that requires attentiveness until you are sure you can do it safely. Consume alcoholic beverages in moderation. If you routinely use marijuana (cannabis), consider seeing your doctor.
- During pregnancy, this drug should be used only when needed. Consult your doctor about potential risks and benefits.
- It is unknown if this medicine is transferred into breast milk. Check with your pediatrician about breastfeeding first.
Side Effects of Benzonatate (Generic for Tessalon Perles)
- Stomach trouble
- A stuffy nose is a possible side effect.
Inform your pharmacist or doctor right away if you develop any of these side effects or if they get worse. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because the benefit to you outweighs the risk of adverse effects. Many who use this drug do not have major negative effects. Notify your doctor right away if you experience any major side effects, such as mental/mood problems, chest pain, or eye burning.
Serious reactions to this medicine are quite uncommon. An allergic reaction may increase if you chew, suck, or dissolve this medication in your mouth. If you observe any signs of severe allergic response, get medical attention immediately:
- Itching/swelling (particularly of the face/tongue/throat)
- Extreme dizziness
- Difficulty breathing
This is not a complete list of probable adverse effects. If you notice any symptoms not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
The information above for Tessalon Perles (Benzonatate) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.