Glyxambi combines empagliflozin and linagliptin. Empagliflozin and Linagliptin are oral diabetes medications that may help maintain blood sugar.
Empagliflozin works by aiding the kidneys to expel glucose from your blood.
Linagliptin works by regulating the insulin levels produced by your body after eating.
Glyxambi Drug Class
This is a new type of diabetes drug that belongs to a class of medications called DPP-4 inhibitors. DPP-4 inhibitors work by blocking the DPP-4 enzyme, which stops the breakdown of the hormone GLP-1. GLP-1 is responsible for stimulating the release of insulin after meals. By blocking the DPP-4 enzyme, Glyxambi allows GLP-1 to stay in the bloodstream longer, which helps to improve blood sugar control.
- The recommended dose of this medication is 10 mg empagliflozin/5 mg linagliptin once daily in the morning, which may be increased to another dose level of Glyxambi 25 mg and 5 mg of linagliptin once per day for additional glycemic control.
- Some people may need a higher dosage if their blood sugar levels are not well controlled.
Warnings & Dosage
Directions on how to use Glyxambi
If you take Glyxambi, it is important to follow the directions carefully. Here are some tips on how to take this medication:
- Take this at the same time each day. This will help you remember to take it and keep track of when you last took it.
- Swallow it whole – do not chew or crush it. This will help to ensure that the medication is absorbed into your body properly.
- Drink plenty of water while taking it. This will help keep you hydrated and help lower your risk of developing urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- It is best to take the missed dose as soon as you can.
Cautions when using Glyxambi
- One of the main cautions of taking this drug is that it can cause dehydration. This is because it can increase the amount of urine you produce. You may need to drink more fluids when taking this medication to avoid becoming dehydrated.
- It can also cause low blood sugar or hypoglycemia. This means that if you take too much of this medication, your blood sugar could drop dangerously low.
- Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions about how much of this drug to take and when to take it.
Glyxambi Side Effects
- While it is an effective diabetes treatment, some side effects are associated with its use.
- Some of the most common side effects of Glyxambi include diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
- In some cases, people may also experience weight loss or decreased appetite.
- In rare cases, more serious side effects can occur, such as liver problems or lactic acidosis.
- Anyone taking this drug should be aware of these potential side effects and immediately report any problems to their doctor.
Glyxambi Weight Loss
- It is meant to help weight loss and control blood sugar levels.
- However, there are some potential side effects of this drug that should be considered before taking it.
- These include headache, nausea, diarrhea, and weight loss.
- While these side effects may seem minor, they can be bothersome and impact the quality of life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pricing: How much does Glyxambi cost in Canada?
Order your Glyxambi medication from our online pharmacy for a hassle-free transaction. Check the top of this page for our prices.
Can I take Glyxambi and metformin?
Yes, Glyxambi and metformin can be given together. Using this strategy, your doctor may guide you to take additional control by lowering your blood sugar levels.
What is Glyxambi used for?
Glyxambi is a medication that is used to treat type 2 diabetes. It helps to control blood sugar levels in the body by increasing the amount of insulin that is produced. It may additionally help increase blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Is Glyxambi an insulin?
No, Glyxambi is not considered insulin. The combination of empagliflozin and linagliptin in Glyxambi (empagliflozin / linagliptin) helps lower blood sugar levels and regulate insulin levels after eating.
Is Glyxambi the same as Jardiance?
Yes, Glyxambi and Jardiance are essentially the same drug. They both contain the active ingredient empagliflozin, which helps lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. Both medications are prescribed to help control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes, and they offer the same benefits.
The information above for Glyxambi (Empagliflozin/Linagliptin) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.