Suprax Suspension Indication
Suprax Suspension is an antibiotic and is used to treat bacterial infections of the chest, ears, urinary tract, and throat.
This medication should be stored at room temperature in a cool dry place that is protected from heat and light. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children and pets.
Before using this medicine, tell your health care provider if any of the following apply to you:
- You are pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are taking or planning to take any prescription or nonprescription medicines
- You have any other medical conditions
- You have high blood pressure
Take this medication with caution if you have an allergy to penicillin or other cephalosporin antibiotics.
Patient Family Information
- This medication should be taken in accordance with your doctor’s prescription.
- When taking this medication, follow the directions on your prescription.
- Do not stop taking this medication without checking with your health care provider.
- Do not take more medicine than prescribed unless advised to do so by your health care provider.
Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any ingredient in this medicine or to similar medications, especially penicillin.
Severe Effects of Suprax Suspension
The most severe side effects associated with this medication are:
- Decrease in urine output
- Kidney failure
- Severe abdominal or stomach cramps
- Severe diarrhea
Common Effects of Suprax Suspension
The most common side effects associated with this medication include:
- Abdominal pain
- Loose stools
- Mild diarrhea
2022. Suprax – Uses, Side Effects, and More. WebMD.
The information above for Suprax Suspension (Cefixime) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.