What is clindamycin phosphate and how does it help acne
Clindamycin Phosphate (Clindasol) is a topical acne therapy with SPF 15 sunscreen. It helps treat skin infections, severe acne, and bacteria that causes infections.
How to use clindamycin phosphate
- Always wash and dry your skin before applying
- Apply a thin layer of clindamycin to the whole area affected by acne, not just to the pimples. This will help keep new pimples from breaking out.
- Try to avoid washing the affected areas too often as this may dry your skin out and make your acne worse. Washing with a mild soap 2-3 times a day should suffice.
- For clindamycin to work you must use the full treatment even if your acne begins to clear. Do not miss any doses.
Dose for topical cream, solution or suspension
- Adults and children 12 years of age and over – Apply twice a day to areas affected by acne.
- Infants and children up to 12 years of age – To be determined by your doctor.
What to know before using clindamycin phosphate
- Do not use this medicine if you’ve had any allergic reactions to it or other clindamycins or to lincomycin.
- Do not apply cosmetics heavily or use them often as this may increase your acne outbreaks. Try to use only water-based cosmetics.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not use it in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not use it on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes.
- This medicine may cause the skin to become unusually dry, even with normal use.
- Clindamycin phosphate does not cure acne. Treatment of acne may take up to 8 to 12 weeks before full improvement is seen.
Common side effects include
- or peeling of skin (for the topical solution).
Less common side effects include
- abdominal pain;
- diarrhea (mild);
- irritation or oiliness of skin;
- stinging or burning feeling of skin.
You may experience side effects not listed above. If you notice any check with your doctor as soon as possible.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com. DoctorSolve has filled more than 200,000 U.S. prescriptions.
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.