What is clindamycin phosphate and how does it help acne
Clindamycin Phosphate (Clindasol) is a topical acne therapy with SPF 15 sunscreen. It helps treat skin infections, severe acne, and bacteria that cause infections.
How to use clindamycin phosphate
- Always wash and dry your skin before applying
- Apply a thin layer of clindamycin to the whole area affected by acne, not just to the pimples. This will help keep new pimples from breaking out.
- Try to avoid washing the affected areas too often as this may dry your skin out and make your acne worse. Washing with a mild soap 2-3 times a day should suffice.
- For clindamycin to work you must use the full treatment even if your acne begins to clear. Do not miss any doses.
Dose for topical cream, solution, or suspension
- Adults and children 12 years of age and over – Apply twice a day to areas affected by acne.
- Infants and children up to 12 years of age – To be determined by your doctor.
What to know before using clindamycin phosphate
- Do not use this medicine if you’ve had any allergic reactions to it or other clindamycin or to lincomycin.
- Do not apply cosmetics heavily or use them often as this may increase your acne outbreaks. Try to use only water-based cosmetics.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not use it in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not use it on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes.
- This medicine may cause the skin to become unusually dry, even with normal use.
- Clindamycin phosphate does not cure acne. Treatment of acne may take up to 8 to 12 weeks before full improvement is seen.
Common side effects include
- or peeling of skin (for the topical solution).
Less common side effects include
- abdominal pain;
- diarrhea (mild);
- irritation or oiliness of skin;
- stinging or burning feeling of skin.
You may experience side effects not listed above. If you notice any check with your doctor as soon as possible.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low-cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online . DoctorSolve has filled more than 200,000 U.S. prescriptions.
For more information on how to order Canadian drugs safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.