Pyralvex solution, treatment for mouth ulcers.
How does Pyralvex work?
Pyralvex solution contains two active ingredients, salicyclic acid and rhubarb extract.
Salicylic acid is a type of medicine called a salicylate. It works by blocking the action of a substance in the body called cyclo-oxygenase. Cyclo-oxygenase is involved in the production of various chemicals in the body, including some known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins have many actions, and are involved in causing inflammation. The body produces prostaglandins in response to injury and they cause an increase in the blood supply to the area of damage. This results in swelling, heat, redness and pain in that area.
By blocking cyclo-oxygenase, salicylic acid stops the formation of prostaglandins and therefore reduces inflammation and pain in the area of the mouth it is applied to.
The rhubarb extract contains anthraquinone glycosides, which also help to relieve inflammation.
What is it used for?
Pyralvex solution is used to relieve the pain and discomfort caused by mouth ulcers and denture irritation. The solution also has some antimicrobial properties that help prevent the irritated areas from getting infected.
The solution should be applied to the sore area of the mouth three to four times daily using the brush provided. Avoid rinsing the mouth or eating for 15 minutes after use of Pyralvex.
For denture irritation, leave 30 minutes after applying the solution before putting the dentures back in. Don’t apply Pyralvex solution directly to the dentures, as this can further irritate the gums.
What important information should I know about Pyralvex?
- Each bottle of this medicine should only be used by one person.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Avoid rinsing the mouth or eating for 15 minutes after using Pyralvex.
- When applied for denture irritation, leave 30 minutes after applying the gel before putting the dentures back in. Don’t apply the gel directly to the dentures, as this can further irritate the gums.
- Pyralvex is a coloured liquid and can stain material. Care should be taken to ensure that the liquid is not spilt or dropped onto clothing.
- There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
- Pyralvex can not be used in children under the age of 12.
- This medicine is not known to interact with other medicines.
Does Pyralvex have any side effects?
Pyralvex and it’s possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine:
- Ulceration at site of application if used excessively.
- Pyralvex may cause some discolouration of the mouth or teeth, but this will be removed with normal teeth brushing.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC Q37),offers lower cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com. DoctorSolve has filled more than 200,000 U.S. prescriptions.