How Lasix helps to ease fluid retention
Lasix is a diuretic (water pill). Diuretics are normally used in the treatment of edema, fluid retention, that occurs with congestive heart failure and disorders of the liver, kidney, and lung. It is also used to control high blood pressure. This medication, which is available to purchase at our Online Canadian Pharmacy works by increasing the amount of urine produced and excreted and by removing excessive water (edema). The name of Lasix is derived from lasts six (hours) — referring to its duration of action.
Lasix works by increasing the amount of salt and water that the kidneys remove from the blood, which causes a decrease in blood volume.
Before using this medicine tell your doctor
- if you are pregnant
- planning to become pregnant
- taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine
- any other medical condition
- if you are allergic to any ingredient in this medicine or to sulfonamides
- if you are unable to urinate
- if you have Kidney or Liver disease, Gout, Lupus, Diabetes
What important information do I need to know about Lasix?
Lasix will make you urinate more often and you may get dehydrated easily.
Be careful; Make sure you do not have it in excess as it may lead to a profound diuresis with water and electrolyte depletion.
Lasix may decrease arterial responsiveness to norepinephrine.
Lasix has a tendency to antagonize the skeletal muscle relaxing effect of tubocurarine and may potentiate the action of succinylcholine.
Lasix may increase the ototoxic potential of aminoglycoside antibiotics, especially in the presence of impaired renal function.
What are the side effects?
Stop taking Lasix and contact your doctor immediately if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Hearing loss
- Infrequent urination
- dehydration leading to collapse
- blood clots
- inflammation of the pancreas
Common side effects:
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- loss of appetite
- mouth and stomach irritation
- cramping; diarrhea; constipation; nausea; vomiting;
- ringing in the ears
- abnormal skin sensations
- feeling of whirling motion; dizziness; headache; blurred vision; seeing a yellow color
- sensitivity to sunlight; redness; hives; itching; rash; muscle spasm; weakness
- bladder spasm
- vein inflammation
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Lasix, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best online Canadian pharmacies by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.