How Can Amerge (naratriptan) Help Treat Migraine Headaches?
Amerge (Naratriptan) is a headache medicine used to treat migraine headaches. It works by narrowing the blood vessels around the brain. Amerge, which is available to purchase at our online Canadian pharmacy, also reduces substances in the body that can trigger headache pain, nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and other migraine symptoms.
Are You Aware That There Are Three Types of Head Aches?
1. Tension: Psychological stress or being over worked can result in a tension headache. Out of the three types of headaches, tension head aches are the most common. They are usually brought on by anxiety, lack of sleep, and stress.
2. Migraine: Ten to fifteen percent of people experience migraine headaches. They are severe and typically only affect one side of the head. They usually produce sharp pains which often lead to vomiting, nausea, or vision problems. Scientists believe that migraines are due in part to fluctuations in the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain. While they are still unsure as to what causes those fluctuations, many theorize that anger, physical and mental fatigue, and stress may contribute to migraines.
3. Sinus: A sinus headache typically results from an infection or heavy congestion in the para nasal sinuses. There are numerous causes for sinus headaches such as severe cold, a deviated nasal septum, and allergies.
Amerge will only treat a headache that has already begun. It will not prevent headaches or reduce the number of attacks.
Before using Amerge, tell your doctor if you are allergic to Amerge or to any other drug, you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or are breast-feeding a baby during treatment. If you have high blood pressure, liver disease, kidney disease, coronary artery disease. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, minerals and herbal products that you use.
Do not use Amerge (Naratriptan) if you have:
- A history of heart disease
- Angina (chest pain)
- Blood circulation problems
- Ischemic bowel disease
- Severe or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- History of a heart attack or stroke
Precaution, while using Amerge (Naratriptan):
- After taking an Amerge tablet, you must wait four (4) hours before taking a second tablet.
- Do not take more than two (2) naratriptan tablets in 24 hours.
- Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert as Amerge may impair your judgement or reactions.
- Amerge (Naratriptan) should not be given to anyone under 18 or over 65 years of age.
- Do not use Amege within 24 hours after taking such medicines as almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, sumatriptan, rizatriptan, zolmitriptan or ergot medicine such as methysergide and ergotamine.
Serious side effects:
- Chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling
- Sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance
- Fast heart rate, agitation, muscle stiffness, hallucinations, lack of coordination, with nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Sudden and severe stomach pain and bloody diarrhea
- Numbness or tingling and a pale or blue-colored appearance in your fingers or toes
- Sore throat, ear pain, fever, cold symptoms
Less serious side effects:
- Upset stomach, drooling
- Feeling too warm or too cold
- Feeling of pain or pressure in your neck and throat
- Dizziness, sleepiness
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Amerge, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best online Canadian pharmacies by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit http://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.