Yasmin Oral Contraceptive
Yasmin is a contraceptive method used to prevent pregnancy. It works to prevent ovulation and cause changes in your cervical and uterine lining. These changes make it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus. It contains a progestin hormone called drospirenone that is not present in other birth control pills.
Yasmin may also treat moderate acne in women above the age of 14 who have started having menstrual periods. It is also used to treat the symptoms of the premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), such as anxiety, depression, irritability, trouble concentrating, lack of energy, sleep or appetite changes, breast tenderness, joint or muscle pain, headache, and weight gain.
- Yasmin will not protect you from STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) including HIV and AIDS.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, have a history of stroke or blood clots, circulation problems (especially if caused by diabetes), a heart valve disorder, breast or uterine cancer, abnormal vaginal bleeding, kidney or liver disease, an adrenal gland disorder, severe high blood pressure, migraine headaches, or a history of jaundice caused by birth control pills.
- Women, particularly those 35 and over, are strongly advised not to smoke due to the risk of serious cardiovascular side effects.
Before taking Yasmin, tell your doctor if you have
- adrenal gland disorder;
- unusual vaginal bleeding;
- a history of jaundice caused by birth control pills;
- high blood pressure or heart disease;
- high cholesterol or if you are overweight;
- gallbladder disease;
- seizures or epilepsy; or
- a history of depression, irregular menstrual cycles, or history of breast, uterine, or hormone-dependent cancer.
Yasmin Side Effects
Serious, but rare, side effects: Sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, pain behind the eyes, problems with vision, speech, or balance; chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling; a change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches; stomach pain, loss of appetite, jaundice, a breast lump, symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness and mood changes).
Common side effects: Breast pain, tenderness, or swelling; freckles or darkening of facial skin, increased hair growth, or loss of scalp hair; changes in weight or appetite, swelling of your hands or feet; problems with contact lenses; loss of libido; vaginal itching or discharge; or changes in your menstrual periods.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Yasmin, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low-cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best online Canadian pharmacies by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order Canadian drugs safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.