Get help for your psoriasis with Dovobet ointment.
Dovobet ointment is used for treating constant plaque psoriasis and has two active ingredients, betamethasone dipropionate and calcipotriol hydrate. Calcipotriol is derived from vitamin D and helps in reducing the production of skin cells.
In psoriasis, the scaling and thickening of the skin and the appearance of raised plaques are the result of excessive skin cell production in this disease. Calcipotriol reduces excessive skin cell production and helps improve these symptoms of psoriasis.
Betamethasone, a corticosteroid, is used for reducing skin inflammation. Skin inflammation is caused by the release of various substances vital to the immune system. As a result the blood vessels widen and the affected area becomes red, swollen, itchy and painful. Betamethasone works by reducing the release of these provocative substances.
Use Dovobet with caution in
- High levels of calcium in the blood
Dovobet should not to be used in
- Disorders of calcium metabolism in the body
- Liver disease
- Decreased kidney function
- Guttate psoriasis
- Exfoliative psoriasis
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
- Pustular psoriasis
- Acne vulgaris
- Chronic inflammatory disorder of the facial skin
- Inflammatory rash around the mouth
- Itching of the anus or genitals
- Bands of thin, wrinkled skin commonly found on the abdomen, thighs or buttocks following puberty
- Dryness and fish skin-like scaling of the skin
- Skin with fragile veins
- Thin, easily damaged skin
- Ulcerated areas of skin
- Skin infected with parasites
- Skin infected caused by tuberculosis
- Skin sores caused by syphilis
This medicine should be used with caution during pregnancy and/or breastfeeding, and only if the benefit to the mother is greater than any possible risk to the foetus or child.
Side effects of Dovobet
- Burning sensation of the skin
- Irritation in area of use
- Inflammation of the skin
- Reddening of skin
- Worsening of psoriasis
- Inflammation of the hair follicles
- Changes in skin pigmentation in area of use
- Dry skin
- Abnormal reaction of the skin to light, usually a rash
- Increased amount of calcium in the blood
- Skin thinning
- Stretch marks
- Groupings of fine blood vessels becoming prominent under the skin
- Excessive hair growth
DoctorSolve Healthcare Solutions Inc., a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, DoctorSolve is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online . DoctorSolve has filled more than 200,000 U.S. prescriptions.
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-732-0305 or visit https://www.doctorsolve.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 1999.