See Alternative Pricing below for savings
(Affordable Generic Alternatives for Artane)
Trihexyphenidyl (generic for Artane) is used to treat the stiffness, tremors, spasms, and poor muscle control of Parkinson’s disease. Trihexyphenidyl can also treat the same conditions when they are caused by drugs like chlorpromazine.
Store Trihexyphenidyl at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
- Certain medical conditions can interact with Trihexyphenidyl.
- Tell your doctor if you have narrow-angle glaucoma or if you have an obstruction in the bowel, megacolon, or myasthenia gravis before taking Trihexyphenidyl.
- Tell your doctor if you have an enlarged prostate or difficulty urinating, epilepsy, heart disease or a heart problem, depression, kidney disease, or liver disease before taking Trihexyphenidyl.
- Trihexyphenidyl may be harmful to an unborn baby.
- Do not take Trihexyphenidyl without talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
- Trihexyphenidyl may pass through breast milk.
- Do not take Trihexyphenidyl without telling your doctor if you are breast feeding a baby.
- Be careful when driving or operating machinery after taking Trihexyphenidyl.
- Trihexyphenidyl can cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Alcohol can increase these effects and should be avoided while you are taking Trihexyphenidyl.
- Do not become overheated while taking Trihexyphenidyl.
- This medicine can cause decreased sweating and becoming overheated can lead to heat stroke in hot weather.
Patient Family Information
- Take Trihexyphenidyl exactly as your doctor directs you to.
- If you are at all confused by your dosing instructions, ask your pharmacist or doctor to explain them to you.
- Take Trihexyphenidyl with a full glass of water, with or without meals.
- Taking Trihexyphenidyl with food can reduce stomach aches.
- If you are using the liquid form of Trihexyphenidyl, make sure you use a special measuring device when pouring your medicine.
- If you don’t have a dose measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
Do not take Trihexyphenidyl if you are allergic to any ingredient in Trihexyphenidyl.
Severe Side Effects of Trihexyphenidyl
Seek emergency medical attention if you experience any of these signs of an allergic reaction:
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Closing of the throat
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, face, or mouth
Common Side Effects of Trihexyphenidyl
Less serious side effects include:
- Dry mouth
- Large pupils or blurred vision
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Difficulty urinating or constipation
- Nervousness or anxiety
- Upset stomach
- Decreased sweating
2022. Artane Tablet – Uses, Side Effects, and More. WebMD.
The information above for Artane (Trihexyphenidyl) was provided to DoctorSolve.com by third parties. In no way should this information substitute for the advice of a physician. Consult a doctor or qualified health care professional if you have any medical concerns.